VASCO DIGIPASS 560
Counter Man-in-the-Middle attacks with e-Signatures: What You See is What You Sign
The main security problem presented by man-in-the-middle attacks lies in ensuring the authenticity of transactions in addition to the authenticity of the users who initiate them. DIGIPASS 560 provides user authentication at logon with a one-time password (OTP) and offers electronic signature validation for high-risk transactions – all in one device.
What is an e-Signature?
The e-Signature functionality of DIGIPASS 560 will use different transaction data such as account number and amount, to generate a unique “signature” code for a particular transaction. This method, in combination with user authentication with OTPs, makes man-in-the-middle attacks ineffective.
What You See Is What You Sign
DIGIPASS 560 offers a very simple and intuitive way of electronically signing transactions. The user will actually see and understand what he is signing through the use of interactive screen prompts that guide him them through the entire process. All that is the left for the end-user to do is to type the transaction data into the DIGIPASS screen to generate an electronic signature.
- Contemporary PIN-protected device with an integrated hardcover
- Tough, shock-resistant materials
- Ergonomic keypad and bitmap display support special characters and custom messages
- Can be customized to fit the specific needs of the bank
- Individually programmable security parameters such as the PIN length, number of PIN trials, type of cryptographic algorithm and lengths of challenge and response
- Supports up to four different languages
- Display messages and logos can be customized
- Extended help function can be used to store the helpdesk phone number or other related information
- The inside of the hardcover can be used to for operating instructions or any other information the bank wishes to communicate to its end-users
- Possibility to use default account number and internal counter
- Optimum balance of user-friendliness and cost efficiency
- PIN-protected device with a PIN locking function
- Local device unlocking can be done by the user via PUK or remotely via challenge/response by the helpdesk personnel
- User-changeable PIN - usage and length can be individually selected
Products in this range provide more informative feedback, choice of language, and have large keyboards making them easy to use. Capable of calculating the most sophisticated One-Time Passwords and Electronic Signatures, these models provide the highest level of security. The additional sophistication, however, remains transparent to users, thanks to the intuitive user interface making this solution ideally suited for large user groups.
|DIGIPASS Product Comparison:|
|Appearance||DIGIPASS 550||DIGIPASS 560||DIGIPASS 580||DIGIPASS 585||DIGIPASS 700|
|Expected Lifetime (years)||5||5||5||5||7|
|Size (mm)||83 x 55 x 6.5||88 x 59 x 7||91 x 64 x 9||91 x 64 x 9||90x60x10|
|Display||one line of 9 by 60 dots||one line of 9 by 60 dots||one line of 16 x 80 dots||one line of 16 x 80 dots||12 digit, 2-line display + icon|
|e-Signature and One Time Password||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Real Time Clock||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Buttons||17||11 + 1 jog dial||11 + 1 jog dial||12 + 1 jog dial||16|
- Size: 88 x 59 x 7 mm without cover
- Weight: 41 g
- Integrated hard cover to protect display and keypad
- Tactile keypad technology with 11 silicon rubber keys and 1 jog dial
- Large display of 9 by 60 dots to allow for logos and language specific characters
- Internal real-time clock
- Expected battery life of five years
Download the VASCO DIGIPASS 560 Data Sheet (.PDF)