VASCO VACMAN Controller
Integrate Strong Authentication into Your Applications without Rewriting Them
VACMAN Controller is a state-of-the-art API-based authentication platform that serves as a back-end for DIGIPASS strong authentication. It automatically processes login requests to ensure only properly authenticated users obtain access to protected online applications. A unique design, unlimited scalability and versatile flexibility make VACMAN Controller a perfect fit for large deployments in a variety of customer interfacing applications. Benchmarked at 9,000+ authentications per second, it is capable of processing heavy volumes of authentication requests and can support mass deployments in applications such as online banking, e-commerce, online gaming, web portals and more.
VACMAN Controller offers flexibility unmatched by any other competitor in the industry:
VACMAN Controller is a flexible API-based solution that provides strong security with minimal impact to your existing infrastructure. Simply link VACMAN Controller to your authentication application, and it automatically processes login requests.
Support for Multiple Form Factors
VACMAN Controller is a unique and flexible platform that supports multiple authentication devices and mechanisms. It works with all hardware- and software-based DIGIPASS authenticators as well as OATH-compliant devices and EMV-CAP smart cards. When combined with DIGIPASS hardware and software authenticators, VACMAN Controller can provide end-to-end secure online provisioning and management of these authenticators.
The following form factors are supported in every implementation:
- One-button hardware authenticators
- Software authentication
- Mobile authentication
- SMS delivery (Requires integration of an SMS gateway)
- USB authenticators
- Smart cards
Support for Multiple Authentication Technologies
VACMAN Controller supports a range of authentication modes including:
- one-time passwords (response only)
- Electronic signatures
- Strong and remote host authentication
Features & Benefits:
VACMAN Controller can be integrated into any existing application, regardless of operating system, data model, or architecture. This versatility of this API-based solution makes two-factor authentication implementation hassle-free and cost-effective with minimal impact to existing infrastructure and operations.
VACMAN Controller makes it easy to add more users and applications without the need to rebuild the back-end infrastructure.
- No additional or backup servers and maintenance
- Capacity of over 9,000 authentications per second
Customizable Integration with a Single Backend
VACMAN Controller provides support for hardware, software, zero footprint, e-signatures, and mobile authentication on a single back-end platform, giving companies the flexibility they need to address their specific user risk profiles and preferences. Additionally, it can serve as a back-end platform for multiple applications, thus eliminating the need for multiple servers.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
VACMAN Controller is a cost-effective solution that leverages your existing IT investment. It acts as a single centralized platform that can function without the costly addition of a separate authentication server or database.
- No server farms
- No dedicated disaster recovery
VACMAN Controller is designed to work with all current and future authentication technologies and devices—from one-time passwords to PKI and biometrics—so you can continue to leverage your initial investment in the future. This provides your organization with the flexibility to follow new standards and developments in application and network security for virtually any operating system or platform.
With the VACMAN Controller API, there is no need to worry about server downtime and service disruptions. The high availability of VACMAN Controller ensures that your users can obtain secure access to the system whenever they need it.
Suggested IT Environments:
VACMAN Controller integrates seamlessly into existing applications, giving you the freedom to secure virtually any type of application—from simple data exchanges to full-fledged e-commerce solutions. There is no need to restrict the kinds of applications you make available to your remote users, as VACMAN Controller can provide the exact degree of strong authentication you require with unlimited scalability.
VACMAN Controller is ideally suited for custom implementations and implementations within large customer-interfacing applications. VACMAN Controller implementations are common in the following environments:
- Internet banking
- Mobile banking
- Online gaming and online gambling
- e-Commerce sites
- Online portals
- Integrated solutions
Technical Specifications and System Requirements:
VACMAN Controller can be integrated into any existing application, regardless of operating system, data model, or architecture. VACMAN Controller is currently integrated into over 100 solution applications, including those in the portal, single sign-on, and banking markets, among others.
- Support for various languages
- Integration samples (C, Java, C#) and web integration samples (ASP.Net, JSP)
- High performance: ability to support an unlimited number of sites and servers
- No need for additional servers
- Continuous stability
- Customizable integration
- Inherent disaster recovery
VACMAN Controller is a single platform with securekey management and provisioning appropriate for any security policy:
- End-to-end security chain from VASCO manufacturing
sites to customers
- Initialization secure room with a high-level of both physical and logical security
- Secure and encrypted transport of DIGIPASS key file (DPX) with an optional key ceremony for security officers
- Secure key provisioning
- Optional Hardware Security Module (HSM)-compliant
- One-time password and e-Signature validation operates inside the HSM
- No sensitive information exposed outside of the HSM
- Complies with FIPS standards
Other features include:
- Time- and/or event-based synchronization mechanisms
- Supports DES, 3DES, AES, and OATH encryption standards
- Supports EMV-CAP (Europay MasterCard Visa-Chip Authentication Program)
- Support for most processors and platforms (32- and 64-bit), ranging from Windows to Unix/Linux-based platforms and Mainframe
- Multi-thread and multi-task aware code
- Integrated secure unlocking feature for locked users
|Technical Specifications and Supported Platforms|
|Hardware Security Modules||Safenet Protect Server Orange/Gold/External, nCipher netHSM, Safenet Luna SA, Thales WebSentry, IBM ICSF|
Download the VASCO VACMAN Controller Data Sheet (.PDF)